Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Stress, Sports, Counting It Down

We are on the count-down until surgery.  Trying to plan who is taking care of our other teen (Brother Bear) that week, making sure he makes it to and from school and gets food to eat.  My husband wants to be at the hospital just as bad as I do, but I'll be the one glued to Baby Girl's side.  Add in 2 dogs and 2 cats that will need to be fed, walked, watered, and loved on, my hubby will have his hands full!

How do we decide what to pack for her?  I want to make sure I've got snacks and drinks handy for me so I do not have to leave her side if at all possible.  I know she will not want to pull clothing over her head that is tight after surgery, but she owns nothing comfy that buttons up.  Uggggg.  I'm worried about the drive home with her in the car.  Will the motion of travel make her sick to her stomach? What about all the bumps in the road?  Can I just wrap her in a plastic bubble?  Do we pack 100 pillows in the car to cushion her ride home?

Can you tell I'm stressed out with worry?  I've been trying to make sure to shower Brother Bear with love and attention.  It is hard to make sure he is not left out during this whole process.  His biggest worry is that something will happen to her and he will not have anyone to fight with.  I think that is his way of dealing with his fear about the upcoming surgery.

We postponed this surgery until after volleyball season is over.  By doing so, she will at least get to play this year.  Nobody knows what will happen after this.  Will she be the same?  Will she have any lasting affects?

The more we look into this strange affliction, the more we realize some of the things she has going on could be tied to her Chiari.  Baby Girl has trouble swallowing sometimes, or gets choked on small amounts of food or liquids.     Chiari.    Or when she eats, even small amounts, her stomach then hurts.    Chiari.    Tingling fingers, feet, and scalp?    Chiari      These are only a few symptoms that she has had that can be blamed on the Chiari.

No comments:

Post a Comment